Saturday, October 12, 2013

FLORAL LOVLINESS.............

My vintage sheet fat quarters are all cut up and ready to go to Zara.  The only trouble is I don't think they are all going to fit into the satchel I have purchased.  Oh well....  Back to the post office.



















I picked this lilac from my late Nana's tree today.  My grandfather always threatens to have the tree cut down, my Nana loved it and he didn't.  Last year he threatened again because it didn't flower the year before.  I had a giggle and told him that Nana would probably make it flower that year just to annoy him and guess what???  The tree produced lots of flowers and it did again this year.  Lucky for me because I love that tree too, it has been in their front garden as long as I can remember.

3 comments:

  1. The fat quarters look so lovely stacked up there, and I adore the lilac and its sweet aroma - I'm so glad your grandfather didn't cut the beautiful thing down - your late grandma would have been a bit upset with him!!! Many years ago my Mum and Dad had a lilac tree (in Scotland), so this brings back a sweet memory for me, thank you!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vintage sheets there! Love that little story, yep your Nana watching over that tree! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luscious Lilac, you'll always associate its perfume with lovely memories of your Nana. I hadn't experienced that exquisite perfume of Lilac for decades until we moved to a Lilac-friendly climate some years ago.
    Wow, your fat quarters look scrumptious! My offering to Zara was overweight at just 15 - and I'd already addressed the prepaid envelope - so I had a few left-overs. I hope you managed to squeeze yours in. x

    ReplyDelete