Wednesday, August 14, 2013

NANA'S TEA TOWELS
I consider myself to be very lucky, I am in my forties and I still have a grandparent.  About 12 months ago I was visiting my Grandfather and I was telling him about all of the lovely things I had seen people doing/making with souvenir tea towels.  He couldn't believe it and told me that there were still lots of tea towels that my Nana had collected on their travels in the cupboard.  Apparently my Nana used to berate him if he ever tried to use them to dry the dishes.  He couldn't believe that she would buy them, lovingly wash and iron them and store them in the cupboard, he thought it was a waste.  He said even though she has passed away he dare not use them and we had a laugh.  Anyway I asked him if I could have a few of them, he said that I could have them all but my mum protested and snaffled some for herself.  

I went to the cupboard and sure enough sitting on one of the shelves was a huge pile of pristine, unused tea towels.  These are the ones I chose.













2 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous teatowels and it must have been very difficult to make your choices. Very special too that your Nana looked after and 'hoarded' them so well and, how nice of your Grandfather to allow you to have them!
    I am happy you have become my follower and look forward to seeing more of you!
    Cheers!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are so lucky to have both your grandfather AND those teatowels....wish i had both!
    bestest Daisy...will be following along with you too....xx

    ReplyDelete